So, a semester’s work of work comes down to tomorrow. As I’ve discussed before, my Women’s History since 1870 course has spent the semester researching and creating a classroom from the mid-20th Century.
The students in the class spent the first half of the semester working on research in the primary sources of the school, especially those resources in our Special Collections department. They created the following sites for each decade
- Student posts on outlines for the various parts of the recreation, including specific advice and instructions for students.
- Academic Content — Schedule and description of class activity for Tuesday, including debate and time for discussion of non-academic activities
- Activities — Outline for how we will work in discussion of non-academic activities on campus.
- Clothing/materials — Advice on dress code for 1950s students (General, Men, hair, makeup, accessories), and school supplies.
- Photo group — Re-creating various historical photographs. Pictures to be taken on Thursday, April 25.
I’m looking forward to it. Wish us luck.